Apr 21, 2010

La Nuit La Tour Eiffel Est Morte

The title for today's update is also the title of my French final. Translated it means, "The night the Eiffel Tower died". When I have the story completely finished (which will be by next Tuesday or else my final is late :/ )I'll upload it on here to share with you all.

Let's start with my life, because it's so incredibly interesting. My last semester at community college is winding down - and I'm glad it is. Two of the classes I'm in are a complete waste of my time and I've lost motivation to go to the third one. Luckily, or, not so luckily - depending how you look at it - my spring courses start at Eastern May 3rd. I think I'm a bit crazy, however. For some reason I think that I can take 12 credits over a 7 week period and work full time and not be drained of my will to live. Here's hoping I can do it. *crosses fingers* But, I am taking the summer semester off, thank goodness. I'm not taking it off just for my health, but also because I plan to travel again. Traveling is an itch which you scratch at and scratch at but it never goes away. The thought and need to travel is constantly roaming around my head. My friend and I will be heading to Wales, UK at the beginning of August. I am so excited. I'm so excited I feel like I should be typing all of this in caps, but I won't. We're going to take two one-week long 'intensive' courses in Greek. So far all of our preparations are going according to plan. And after that I plan to travel to New York to visit with Lola and Jokul! I'll be waiting until I turn 21 and then I'ma paint the big apple red!

There's not much going on in FF right now. I'm busy with school. Or at least I tell myself that. I dunno; the fascination it once held is just gone. I can't explain it.

Lemme find a poem I haven't shared with you yet... Here we go. The inspiration for this was going to Open at work around 3am.

At Three Ante Meridiem

My world is somnolent,
at three ante meridiem.

Bring forth the descent,
palliate, the regime.
Be myrmidon no longer,
recalcitrant, recalcitrant!
Sleep no longer – rebel, rebel!
Dream no longer, wake and delay,
Ring, ring, Macbeth – Sound thy death knell!
Rise, you quiescent, and dismay,

Your savior has come!
Your savior is gone!
Repent no more - await dawn.
My world is insomnolent,
At three ante meridiem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Working "open" sucks so badly in most jobs, in particular food prep jobs. I worked at a sandwich deli in college for a bit and it was terrible trying to get up that early to have all the food ready by 6am.

Then right after college I worked at the US Post Office as a casual carrier starting at 10am, then one day the higher ups shifted me to handle the mail as it came in off the truck at 3am LOL. Needless to say, I didn't stay at that job long after.

Nuts to that. My current job as a graphic designer lets me come in at 11am if I want to--which almost always I do. :p So hopefully your post-collegiate jobs will be much more merciful to you. ^^

And yes, be sure to travel travel travel all throughout your 20's. In your 30's, when you're saddled with housepayments, a full-time career, family, pets, whatever, you'll be scrambling just to put a 3-day weekend together most times. ;_; See the world while your life finds it convenient to do so!

At least the USD-GBP exchange rate is better now than it was a few years ago...