Mar 2, 2009

My Futile Attempt at an Update

So instead of doing something that would be challenging, because let's face it, less work for me the better, I'm going to give you all a preview of the first chapter of a story/novel-thing I'm writing. I haven't written in it for a long, long, time, and I feel guilty because I'm doing it only for myself and I still can't not procrastinate. But I have the week off from school, so I will do more of it!!

Before I give it to you, here is a list of my goals for March:

WW 100
BLM 75
RDM 37
10 Merit Points (at least!)
Learn to draw faces better
Hit the 100 page mark in my story
lose 10 lbs!

Okay well here it is. Enjoy.

---

I. Triplet Heirs

“Engarde!”
The battle cry was swiftly followed by the chiming of dull fencing swords. Two opponents circled each other, waiting for the other to attack. He lunged, His blade steady for her abdomen. She smoothly brought her sword down and around, easily parrying the blow. The attacker withdrew, but she had already begun her expeditious swing; she brought her sword up in a crescent and harshly back down. Her rapier glided through the air, coming to rest on his shoulder with a light thud. He stopped from his retreat and began laughing, “You always have been a better swordsman than I.”
She drew back her weapon and removed her mask, “As if it were an accomplishment, Thomas,” she joked.
“Ah Princess, your words are more cutting than your blade,” Thomas quipped as he removed his mask and took a seat next to her. “So where is your brother, should he not be practicing with the rest of us?”
“You know how Leon is,” as she reached for a towel and began to dab the sweat from her face, “He’s too busy trying to become a Sorcerer.” She had no patience for her younger brothers antics, “Besides, when he’s an ‘all-powerful Sorcerer swords will be as useless against him as pens are against a Knight’,” the Princess mocked. They both laughed, having heard Leon say those words too many times before.
“I suppose that’s enough of a break, shall we have another bout?” He asked hoping to best the young swordstress.
“I can handle it, but can your ego?” Ava retorted, her sapphire eyes sparkling.
Thomas grinned and slid a hand through his hair, “I believe the more appropriate question would be can your ego cope with defeat.” Their eyes locked, each burning with competitiveness.

---

I changed my mind and only gave you about a third of the first chapter. Can't give it all up at once, knaw meen? Besides, If I give it to you all too fast I'll have to write faster when I try to do these loser posts later on, and trust me, it will happen.

-Dah Ruru

P.S. Happy Late Birthday to Mattaru!

P.S.S. Sorry lola, you've already read this, but I think a few things have changed from the version you have.

P.S.S.S I WANT TO MERIPO!!!!!!!

P.S.S.S.S Sorry for the bad formating, I can't figure out how to get it to look right.

No comments: